Holiday - This is a holiday favorite
These are the brownies we use in our Russia Easter baked Alaska. We just top them with coffee ice cream and a meringue made from dehydrated eggs whites. Then we pour on the flaming bourbon.
from Just Desserts
3 oz semisweet chocolate
5 tbsp butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp bourbon or cognac
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Optional - 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, add vanilla, add bourbon, add chocolate & butter.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, & salt into chocolate mixture.
- Add nuts if you like nuts.
- Bake in buttered, floured 8 inch baking pan for 25 - 30 minutes.